How can I be an effective partner with my CSEA?
Be prepared. Your CSEA worker needs your help to get information for your case. For each parent of a child, your CSEA worker will need to know:
  • Name, address, date of birth, and Social Security number.
  • Name and address of current or most recent employer.
  • Any information on income, such as pay stubs or tax returns.
  • Any information on assets, such as bank accounts, investments, or property holdings.

Your CSEA worker will need information to help located a parent who is missing such as:
  • The name and addresses of the parent's friends and relatives.
  • The names and addresses of any organizations to which the parent belongs.
  • Any other information that might help locate the parent.

Your CSEA worker will also need:

  • Copies of your children's birth certificates.
  • Copies of your divorce decree or separation agreement.
  • Any court orders or administrative orders you may have.
Your CSEA worker might also need other information, depending on the type of services you are asking for from your CSEA.

Be in touch. You are the best source of information on your child support case. If you are the custodial parent, you can give your worker valuable information about the non-custodial parent. If you are the non-custodial parent, let the CSEA worker know of changes in your situation that may affect your ability to pay support. Staying in touch with your CSEA helps you.

Be informed. Learn all you can about child support. Know your right and responsibilities and exercise them. You may want to contact an advocacy group for help.

Be patient. Due to the number of cases handled by CSEAs, there may be a delay in collecting your support. These delays are often caused by problems outside the control of the CSEA.

Show All Answers

1. Can my CSEA help me get support if the non-custodial parent lives in another state?
2. Why should I go to a CSEA when I know the non-custodial parent can't pay?
3. Why should I go to a CSEA if I've already worked it out with the non-custodial parent to help support the child?
4. What if the non-custodial parent is in the military? Or in college? Or in jail?
5. Do you have to be the child's parent to get CSEA services?
6. Do I have to keep paying child support if the custodial parent won't let me visit my child?
7. Who can get help from a CSEA?
8. Can my CSEA help me with visitation or other problems?
9. How can I be an effective partner with my CSEA?