Volunteer with Ashtabula County EMA
ASHTABULA COUNTY EMERGENCY OPERATIONS CENTER (EOC) VOLUNTEER STAFF
Ashtabula County Emergency Management Agency is seeking qualified volunteers to work in the Emergency Operations Center (EOC). The Ashtabula County EOC serves the City of Conneaut, Villages of Andover, Jefferson, North Kingsville, Orwell and Roaming Shores and all unincorporated areas (townships) within Ashtabula County during times of disaster or other local and regional emergencies, helping to coordinate information and resources. Additionally, the Ashtabula County EOC provides support to the EMA and EOC of Ashtabula City and the City of Geneva once all of their resources have been exhausted. All necessary disaster-specific training is provided to the EOC volunteer once the applicant has been approved.
• Communicate with disaster responders via phone, e-mail, fax, social media and radio.
• Depending on the specific EOC assignment, may interact with various agencies and officials, members of the general public, or the media.
• Use all available resources to locate and share necessary information and provide logistical support to attain mission objectives.
• Maintain and file incident activity logs, records, receipts, and perform other administrative duties as required.
• Ability to successfully pass a Background Check.
• Ability to communicate effectively with other EOC staff and external agencies either verbally, via phone and/or computer.
• Ability to complete required training and drills.
• Willing to participate in and be available for long hours on short notice, and/or non- customary workdays or hours.
• Team-player attitude, with ability to maintain positive interpersonal skills in a high- stress environment.
• Ability to follow specific instructions with respect to policies, procedures, documentation and reporting requirements.
Required Training and Skills
Prior to an EOC volunteer receiving a position assignment, there are specific courses that are required to be completed. All volunteers will be required to complete the current versions of the following courses:
1. Ashtabula County EOC Familiarization
2. IS-701.A – NIMS Multiagency Coordination System (MACS) Course*
3. ICS-100.B – Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS)*
4. IS-700.A – National Incident Management System (NIMS): An Introduction*
*NOTE: ICS-100, IS-700 and IS-701 can be taken on-line by visiting the Federal Emergency Management
Agency (FEMA) website at:
The position is voluntary. No compensation, either in salary or in benefits, is provided by Ashtabula County Emergency Management Agency (EMA) or the Ashtabula County Commissioners.
If you are interested in joining the EOC Volunteer staff or for more information please visit the
Ashtabula County EMA or call 440-576-9148 or visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/AshtabulaEMA.