The Ashtabula County Treasurer's Office is EXCITED to Announce that as of October 1, 2021 taxpayers will be able to pay by CREDIT or DEBIT card when you visit the Treasurer's office. Previously, credit and debit card payments could only be made online and by telephone using a third party service. As paying bills becomes more electronic and touchless becomes standard, our office is pleased to stay on top of trends!! Paying electronically is faster, easier and more efficient than paying by check or cash.
The Ashtabula County Treasurer's Office has partnered with Certified Payments to offer safe payment solutions in person, by phone and online. Taxpayers can use most major credit cards such as VISA, MasterCard, AMEX. and Discover, or pay by E-Check or debit. A convenience fee will be charged for each transaction.
Property & Tax Search
To research property values, taxes and payments, use Property Search on the Auditor's website. Select any of the Property Search options (Address, Owner, Parcel ID#, Advanced and Map) to locate the property parcel and find historical and current property information.
Printing Tax Bills
Once you've selected a parcel, the tax bill can be printed by selecting the Tax Bill link on the right side below Reports then clicking Go. Disable your pop-up blocker on your web browser to populate a tax bill. When printing tax bills, please select Actual size, NOT "Fit" in the print options.
- 2020 Real Estate Taxes were certified January 6, 2021 and are available online. Payments are due 02/17/2021 (1st half) and 07/21/2021 (2nd half).
- 2021 Manufactured Home Taxes were certified in January 2021 and are available online. Payments are due 02/26/2021 (1st half) and 07/30/2021 (2nd half).
- FREE payment option: pay at the latest date without penalty by having the taxes withdrawn from your account. Complete our ACH agreement here.
- Click here to view penalty & interest information and prior year due dates. Use this information to calculate "pay offs".
- If you have delinquent taxes and need a payment plan, please call our delinquency department at 440-576-1421 to schedule an appointment. Please note that we cannot extend a tax due date or enter into a payment plan for current year taxes.
Need Help with your Mortgage or Taxes?
The Ashtabula County Treasurer offers payment plans for delinquent taxes for your primary residence or farmland, and an escrow plan for paying your current taxes monthly on any properties you own. Click here for more information.
Save the Dream Ohio may help qualifying home owners with assistance on mortgage and/or delinquent property taxes. Click here for more information.
Public Records Requests
Documents created, received by or sent under the jurisdiction of the Treasurer's Office are public records open for inspection. Treasurer's Public Records Policy is located here. The easiest and fastest way to request public records is through email to treasurer@AshtabulaCounty.us, and I will typically respond within 1 business day.
If you are requesting records pertaining to "excess funds" or "overages" from Sheriff's sales or Tax Foreclosures, click here for Treasurer's response.
County Treasurer Responsibilities
The Ashtabula County Treasurer serves as Ashtabula County's chief investment officer, the administrator of delinquent tax collections and the keeper of the property tax escrow account. The Treasurer serves as the county banker, safe keeper of all taxes, and investor of local funds.
You can view the monthly investment reports submitted to the State Treasurer by clicking here.