Effective March 18, 2020 Treasurer Dawn Cragon has limited physical access to the office for the safety of the public and office staff. We are still here to serve you - we just ask that you use the safest methods of contact whenever possible: mail or electronic methods to send payments; and telephone (440) 576-3727 or email treasurer@AshtabulaCounty.us to get your questions or concerns addressed. If you do come to the office, you must wear a mask or facial covering inside any County building, and must use sanitizer before any Treasurer office transaction. This is for the safety of all, and we Thank You for your understanding!
For updated information on COVID-19, please visit https://coronavirus.ohio.gov
Property & Tax Search
To research property values, taxes and payments, use Property Search on the Auditor's website. Select any of the Property Search options (Address, Owner, Parcel ID#, Advanced and Map) to locate the property parcel and find historical and current property information.
Printing Tax Bills
Once you've selected a parcel, the tax bill can be printed by selecting the Tax Bill link on the right side below Reports then clicking Go. Disable your pop-up blocker on your web browser to populate a tax bill. When printing tax bills, please select Actual size, NOT "Fit" in the print options.
- 2020 Real Estate Taxes were certified January 6, 2021 and will be available online January 7, 2021. Payments are due 02/17/2021 (1st half) and 07/21/2021 (2nd half).
- 2021 Manufactured Home Taxes should be calculated and certified by the County Auditor in mid-January. Payments are due 02/26/2021 (1st half) and 07/30/2021 (2nd half).
- FREE payment option: pay at the latest date without penalty by having the taxes withdrawn from your account. Complete our ACH agreement here.
- Click here to view penalty & interest information and prior year due dates. Use this information to calculate "pay offs".
- If you have delinquent taxes and need a payment plan, please call our delinquency department at 440-576-1421 to schedule an appointment. Please note that we cannot extend a tax due date or enter into a payment plan for current year taxes.
Need Help with your Mortgage or Taxes?
The Ashtabula County Treasurer offers payment plans for delinquent taxes for your primary residence or farmland, and an escrow plan for paying your current taxes monthly on any properties you own. Click here for more information.
Save the Dream Ohio may help qualifying home owners with assistance on mortgage and/or delinquent property taxes. Click here for more information.
Public Records Requests
Documents created, received by or sent under the jurisdiction of the Treasurer's Office are public records open for inspection. Treasurer's Public Records Policy is located here. The easiest and fastest way to request public records is through email to treasurer@AshtabulaCounty.us, and I will typically respond within 1 business day.
If you are requesting records pertaining to "excess funds" or "overages" from Sheriff's sales or Tax Foreclosures, click here for Treasurer's response.
County Treasurer Responsibilities
The Ashtabula County Treasurer serves as Ashtabula County's chief investment officer, the administrator of delinquent tax collections and the keeper of the property tax escrow account. The Treasurer serves as the county banker, safe keeper of all taxes, and investor of local funds.
You can view the monthly investment reports submitted to the State Treasurer by clicking here.