Ashtabula County Building Department
REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN A PERMIT
- Contact your Local Zoning for approval for your specific project.
- If your project includes plumbing contact the Health Department for approval.
- Bring a copy of the Zoning and Plumbing approvals (if applicable) to the Building Department or mail them to: ATTN. Building Department 25 W. Jefferson St. Jefferson, Ohio 44047 include , and a complete application. (CLICK HERE FOR AN APPLICATION)
- Your plans will then go through the Plan Review Process (up to 30 Days).
- After the plans are reviewed your plans will be issued an approval or will require more information for the project. (At that time the fees (SEE BELOW) associated with the project are due and shall be paid before the permit will be issued).
HOW TO SCHEDULE AN INSPECTION
Our office is located on the first floor of the Old Court House, 25 W. Jefferson Street, Jefferson, OH 44047. All Scheduling should be received in person, or by dialing (440) 576-3737. When scheduling a Residential or Inspection, select Option #2 or #4. Voicemail Inspection request will not be accepted. If you are sent to a voicemail, please leave a message and a representative will return your call to set up the required inspection. The following information will be required at that time.
INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN SCHEDULING AN INSPECTION:
- Permit Number or Address Number.
- Type of Inspection Requested
- Date of required inspection.
- On-Site Contact Name and Phone Number for the required inspection.
- Verification that up to date APPROVED Construction documents will be available during the required inspection.
- Any Special Relevant information (Gate, Door codes, Lead times, Location of Approved Documents…etc.)
- INSPECTION HOURS: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Special arrangements will need to be made in advance for inspections outside of these hours.
INSPECTIONS: Inspections will typically be scheduled one business day after the request.